Now here’s a tasty way to celebrate Pride: San Francisco’s beloved ice cream maker Three Twins will be serving up some yummy LGBT-inspired flavors this weekend, June 26 – 28, at their Fillmore Street scoop shop. In the mood for a “Brownie Batter Hunk“? What about some “Bear Bait”?
The organic ice cream shop is celebrating Pride with a bunch of cheeky flavors that draw on queer history (“Harvey Milk and Honey”), the pop culture zeitgeist (“Laverne Cox’s Chocolate Orange Is the New Black”) as well as our kinky past times (“Two Tops Don’t Make a Bottom”). Last year’s LGBT-themed flavors included “Michael Sam, Gay I Am” and “Taint It Delicious?”
“I think that it’s great that we live in a time and place where people can celebrate who they are and we are excited to offer these amazing and fun flavors,” Three Twins co-founder and LGBT activist Neal Gottlieb told Refinery29.
While Three Twins ice cream is sold in grocery stores across the city — including Safeway and Whole Foods — their Prideful flavors will only be available at their scoop shop on 254 Fillmore Street. Furthermore these fabulous gay ice cream flavors will only be served during Pride weekend, so make sure to pay them a visit while the rainbow flags are still a’ wavin’. SF Weekly has the entire list of flavors:
- Hot Cookie (Vanilla with cookies)
- Brownie Batter Hunk (Brownie Batter Chunk)
- Bear Bait (Honey ice cream with peanut butter cups)
- Matcha Matcha Man (Green tea)
- Pride Vanilla (Pink vanilla with beet juice)
- Maple Stonewall-Nut (Maple walnut)
- Two Tops Don’t Make a Bottom (Vanilla ice cream with muffin tops)
- Dorothy’s Ruby Slipper (Raspberry sorbet)
- Freedom to Marry Cherry (Cherry Chocolate Chunk)
- Harvey Milk and Honey (Land of Milk and Honey)
- Laverne Cox’s Chocolate Orange is the New Black (Chocolate Orange Confetti)
- Daddy Cardamom (Dad’s Cardamom)
This is not the first time ice cream flavors have gotten the good old gay makeover. Ben & Jerry’s celebrated the gay marriage victory in its home state of Vermont by renaming the “Chubby Hubby” flavor “Hubby Hubby” in 2009. Since then the ice cream maker has released several other flavors to coincide with marriage equality triumphs all over the world, including “Apple-y Ever After,” “EngageMint Party” and “I Dough, I Dough.”
And of course, New Yorkers get to enjoy gay ice cream flavors year-round with the Big Gay Ice Cream shop and truck.
Photos: Three Twins/Facebook, Bloom Reports/Instagram